About Me

My photo
chula vista, California
Random thoughts, some of them funny, from a San Diego divorce and criminal defense attorney, as he fights for his clients in Court, fights the battle of bulge and goes through life.

Friday, May 30, 2014

The Big 3 0 0 !


Good news on the weight loss front. For the first time in years, I've come back down to 300 pounds. This is down from a high of 365 and a "normal" weight of about 330 this past decade. The weight loss is 6 pounds for the week. The program if anything is getting easier. I still get urges to gobble down say a hamburger, but I'm rarely very hungry. My energy level is relatively high. My blood pressure is 99/60- probably better than it's ever been.

Week 1- 5/8/14 334.5 16.5 318
Week 2- 5/15/14 318.0 6.9 311.1
Week 3- 5/22/14 311.0 5.1 306
Week 4- 5/29/14 306 6.0 300



I've taken to enjoying broth a great deal. Believe it or not, it's the highlight of the day for me. Some people look forward to carne asada fries, I've got broth. The man that used to gobble down endless carne asada tacos, now salivates over broth. Let me explain. There are these packets of chicken broth that they give us. I also got our favorite Vietnamese noodle place to serve me a small bowl of their broth (not technically allowed by Kaiser, but I figure it's probably only a few calories). Put the right combination of hot sauce and lemon in the broth and you have something wonderful. At least, relatively speaking...


We had a new teacher in my weight loss meeting. She made the point that our weight is tied to our self image. To an extent, this is true for me, but for the most part how I feel about myself has had little to do with my weight. I think maybe that's been part of the problem for me. I was never bullied or discriminated against because of my weight. I've been able to live a pretty happy life as a fat person these last ten years or so. It's had costs, of course. And it's long past time to become skinny again.

300 is the number. I finally hit 300. Now, it's time to hit 200. The journey of 10,000 steps..or 140 pounds lost..starts with a single step. Optifast has been a good step.

No comments: