About Me

My photo
chula vista, California
Random thoughts, some of them funny, from a San Diego divorce and criminal defense attorney, as he fights for his clients in Court, fights the battle of bulge and goes through life.

Saturday, May 17, 2014

chicken soup for the (skinny) soul

Chicken soup may be good for the soul as the popular book series holds, but Chicken stock is good for keeping this chubby guy on the straight and narrow in his Optifast diet! This Thursday I picked up the optifast chicken broth at my class. I'd been holding off on getting it, but I'm glad I did. At only 20 calories a packet it's a nice change of pace. The taste is good with a little bit of hot sauce. It reminds me of one of those vietnamese soups that I used to like in college- just without the noodles, meat, etc.. You get the picture.

Today was a tougher day than most. I went to visit a friend at prison and went about 5 hours between shakes. They allow you to buy food during the visits, so I got to watch him enjoy a chicken wrap and some watermelon. Actually not too hard an experience, but not pleasant. I managed to make it through without asking him too many times about how it tasted. Now if he'd been eating pizza, it might have been another story...

A friend asked me why I go to visit Eddie, even after his murder conviction given that I knew the person he killed. The reason is simple, he didn't stop being my friend when he made that horrible mistake. I usually do think about the person that he killed- Anna- while I'm with him. I remember how much my wife liked her and what a nice person she seemed to be. Hopefully she's in a better place now. My friend remains with the guilt and with a life sentence. Sadly, life goes on, just not like before. Still, it's nice to play dominos and laugh with an old friend. Every good moment is precious.

1 comment:

cabezuca said...

Keep'em comin' Ray Ray..