About Me

My photo
chula vista, California
Random thoughts, some of them funny, from a San Diego divorce and criminal defense attorney, as he fights for his clients in Court, fights the battle of bulge and goes through life.

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Missing you and wishing you were here...carne asada tacos!



In Court yesterday, I was talking to a client that was about to be released. He told me that he just couldn't wait to have carne asada tacos again. As he paused to think about this, I felt like I could picture those tacos also...

It was a tougher day yesterday. One of the hidden secrets about extreme weight loss that people don't often blog about is the bad breath that it causes- burning all that fat has some...shall we say...lethal side effects. So, yesterday I was chewing a whole bunch of gum to mask the dragon breath. By 5pm, the gum had my stomach hurting. As they warned in group, sorbitol in sugar free gum can upset an empty stomach. It felt like a big build up of gas. Since this is a family blog, I'll save the details of how this gas was later released... Let's just say that it scared the cats..

This morning at the gym's scale, I hit 303 pounds- this is probably 306 pounds on the scale at Optifast, so I'm on schedule to lose at least another five pounds this week. The task before me is still pretty monumental- 23 pounds lost as of last Thursday out of a 142 total to lose. I still have 119 pounds to go, which if you think about is a small human. It's at times like this that I wonder why I ate so many carne asada tacos. The simple answer is because I enjoyed it. Life has been a pleasurable if overdulgent journey these past ten years. It's just time for a healthier route now. From carne asada to pollo asado? From tacos made out of corn to tacos wrapped in lettuce? Lord, change is a coming!



No comments: