About Me

My photo
chula vista, California
Random thoughts, some of them funny, from a San Diego divorce and criminal defense attorney, as he fights for his clients in Court, fights the battle of bulge and goes through life.

Friday, May 23, 2014

On the road to Hugo Boss


Let me take you back about a dozen years. I had graduated law school, passed the bar exam, beat cancer and had a job waiting for me as Deputy District attorney. Although I couldn't really afford it yet, I decided the time had come to buy myself a real suit. And the suit that I wanted was a Hugo Boss. I felt like a million dollars wearing the suit and decided to only use it on very special occasions. I wore it during my first ever jury trial. I celebrated my win with a good dinner out with my girlfriend (now wife). The next time I put on the suit, I noticed that it was a tight fit. Maybe I'd had too many good dinners... So, I switched to another suit, thinking that maybe I'd hit the gym to lose a few pounds. The suit has hung in my closet ever since. I take it out sometimes and look at it. Maybe by September, I'll wear it again.

This week's results:

Week 1- 5/8/14 334.5 16.5 318
Week 2- 5/15/14 318.0 6.9 311.1
Week 3- 5/22/14 311.0 5.1 306

We had a guided meditation in group where we were supposed to imagine our safe place. It turns out that my safe place is floating in the waves on my boogie board. I'm going to have to make it back to the beach sometime soon.



No comments: