About Me

My photo
chula vista, California
Random thoughts, some of them funny, from a San Diego divorce and criminal defense attorney, as he fights for his clients in Court, fights the battle of bulge and goes through life.

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Weight loss challenge and booze

Some twelve years ago, I entered law school as a relatively skinny man. Little did I know that my life style was about to change. My circle of friends changed from the undergraduate hoops playing gym rats to a circle of carne asada eating, long island drinking future lawyers and such. Slowly, I changed also. Instead of starting out the day with a workout- sometimes it was a meeting at Denny's with a study group.

It just got worse as I actually entered the profession of law. Suddenly I could afford to eat out daily and there were many more happy hours.

This brings us to last night. After a strong weekend of eating light and a couple tough gym workouts, I found myself out with one of my closest buddies- a supersized lawyer that we'll call Jake.

We went out for drinks after a long day in court and at first, I stuck to my regimen. I ordered roast chicken for dinner, while he wolfed down a steak salad, a plate of cheese and most of a pizza. But, then the stresses of a day in court got to me. I had a couple drinks to relax and before I knew it, a couple drinks turned into several.

I shudder to count the calories from yesterday, but choose instead to concentrate on tonight's workout in hopes that I'll get back on track again.

The road to skinnyville is lined with many detours.

No comments: