About Me

My photo
chula vista, California
Random thoughts, some of them funny, from a San Diego divorce and criminal defense attorney, as he fights for his clients in Court, fights the battle of bulge and goes through life.

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

More fun with kettle bells!

"I can't breathe," said Pamela, sweat pouring down her forehead.
"That's good," responded the Torturer "You'll lose more weight that way"





As I drove up to the YMCA parking lot, I saw my team hopping up the hill leading to the lot while swinging the kettle bell up and down between their legs. They looked like characters in a grown up version of Romper Room. Carlos stood by with his characteristic Torturer smile. I was tempted to keep driving, but then he spotted me.

"Um...what exactly are we doing today," I asked when I met up with the group.

"Working the core."

"Okay..." I said doubtfully as I grabbed a kettle bell and set to hoppping.

I spent the next half hour hopping like a five hundred pound bunny and trying to avoid swinging the kettle bell into the family jewels. Then, Carlos relented and let us into the gym to exercise on elliptical machines and normal gym equipment.

I was never so happy to see the elliptical machine!

No comments: