About Me

My photo
chula vista, California
Random thoughts, some of them funny, from a San Diego divorce and criminal defense attorney, as he fights for his clients in Court, fights the battle of bulge and goes through life.

Sunday, July 12, 2009

The competition and a guest blog

First a guest Blog- from another member of Carlos' team. Pam is the emotional leader of our team and her good humor keeps us on track.

If I wrote down the measurements correctly then the good news is I lost inches in my chest but apparently it sunk to my waist! I told Carlos that next weigh in I am wearing Spanx like the celebrities use on the red carpet. I do feel better and maybe it is the beginning of when I melt away. Thanks to the team and the “torturer” (after his class last night I am finding it difficult to lift my arms for my weekend dining) for keeping me motivated to keep going.



Pam


Now, on to your regularly scheduled blogging.

On Friday night, we had a team weigh in and a competition with the other two teams. After two weeks with the torturer, you might think that we were all too banged up to compete with two other teams- but the other two teams have their own torturers..er..trainers. They are allegedly pushing their teams just as hard as Carlos is pushing us. The official results aren't in yet, but it seems like every team has lost weight and inches.

The competition required us to see which team was fastest on three machines- the bike, elliptical and the treadmill. It was only a twenty minute interval, so we all went all out. Carlos would come around to offer encouraging words- "Is that really the fastest you can go? Are you still warming up?". Just kidding. He was actually very supportive tonight.

I actually ended up second in my event- the bicycle. I was 0.07 miles behind the first place finisher, an employee of the YMCA that I suspect has competed in the Tour de France before.

I was proud of the team effort, though we somehow ended up last among the three teams. The way I see it- we're keeping a low profile until the final competition.

Next up, a hike in Torrey pines this coming Saturday. I invited the wife to come along. "Hiking?" she asked with a tone of voice that made me realize that I'll be joining the group alone. The wife prefers to hike on a treadmill with mp3 music. I prefer to hike in my dreams, while napping on the sofa...

No comments: