About Me

My photo
chula vista, California
Random thoughts, some of them funny, from a San Diego divorce and criminal defense attorney, as he fights for his clients in Court, fights the battle of bulge and goes through life.

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Dancing Machine!




On Friday night, we went out dancing with a group of a friends. There was a great local band, playing more and more latin songs as the night went on. The night started out with Mustang Sally and graduated to "Negra Tomasa," "Suavemente," and other great songs.

As a confession, I should say that I've always been a lousy dancer- uncoordinated, completely unabashed, and close to impossible to get off the dance floor. A couple of times, I dated very good dancers who tried to improve my skills, but were continually frustrated. As one of them complained; "All you seem to care about when you are dancing is goofing around and making yourself laugh.."

Luckily, my wife is in on the joke- though she groans when I offer to give people lessons in any type of dance they want ("You don't know how to dance the tango? Come on, I'll show you.")

On this Friday night, one of my friends- Tony- was paired up with a ballroom dancer. She went over the steps that he should follow for the cha-cha-cha and many other dances. My wife and I watched as she patiently guided him through the different routines.

"Maybe someday, he'll be as good as I am?"

"Yeah, right..."

Meanwhile, the rest of us just moved in random to the music. It was a great night- lousy service, but a great band. We had a table of about 8 people, and there was generally only one couple left at the table with purse watching duty with everyone else dancing.

If you get a chance, check out the South Bay Bar and Grill on Friday nights. That big dancing bear that you see, just might be me.

No comments: