About Me

My photo
chula vista, California
Random thoughts, some of them funny, from a San Diego divorce and criminal defense attorney, as he fights for his clients in Court, fights the battle of bulge and goes through life.

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Medical Issues

I spent Wednesday and Saturday at my doctor's office. It was an uncomfortable experience, but necessary.

I'm going to the doctor because of a mysterious tiredness that has been plaguing me for the last few months. I probably should have gone earlier, but..

I've never liked needles. They seem to have a disproportionate amount of ability to cause me injury. I especially dislike needles that are attached to vials for drawing blood. I have small hidden veins that resist attempts to draw blood from them and my arm often looks like a pin cushion after a visit to the doctor's lab.

The laboratory took five vials of blood from my arm. It felt strange seeing the blood leaving my body. My head felt light and my stomach was uncomfortablely quesy. As a cancer survivor, I'm told that I'm disqualified from donating blood. In truth, I don't know if I could take watching several pints leave my body.

I'm usually not such a wimp- I've known the inside of a boxing ring, have killed rattlesnakes and survived an armed robbery. However, the doctor's office always gets to me.

And don't get me started on dentists...

No comments: