About Me

My photo
chula vista, California
Random thoughts, some of them funny, from a San Diego divorce and criminal defense attorney, as he fights for his clients in Court, fights the battle of bulge and goes through life.

Monday, November 24, 2008

A little bit of pressure

There are some days when it doesn't pay to be a lawyer. At least, it doesn't pay to be a lawyer who lives for the contest of the courtroom.

I'm sitting at my desk, tie loosened, feet up on the desk top, and keyboard on my lap. I have my fountain running with relaxing sounds behind me. Soft music flows from my expensive computer speakers. But, I'm feeling anything but mellow. In less than an hour, I have to mediate another intractable family law problem. I need to settle if possible, to save my client's family the costs of further litigating.

I have to swallow the arguments that I will make if this goes before a judge and look for common ground.

I practice a smile, turn off the water fountain, switch the music to the sound of Smashing Pumpkins and take a rare shot of tequila from the globe bar.

Now that's relaxing...

No comments: