About Me

My photo
chula vista, California
Random thoughts, some of them funny, from a San Diego divorce and criminal defense attorney, as he fights for his clients in Court, fights the battle of bulge and goes through life.

Friday, June 27, 2008

The lawyer kills the writer

This isn't an update on Eddie. More on him later. This is about a book that I've been writing for the better part of forever.

The book is a legal thriller/mystery that takes place mostly in the desert towns east of San Diego. My protagonist, Tony, is trying to discover who killed his wife...and who is trying to kill him. For the past few month's Tony has been stuck in transit to his friend's old law office- a victim of writer's block. I just can't think of what to write next. When I think about the criminals that inhabit Tony's world- the criminal cases in my world interfere. I think to myself that I should be refining my cross examination for my upcoming trial. I think about some inconsistency that I remember in the police officer's testimony. And I drift off my novel and into my work.

The lawyer kills the writer every time.

No comments: