About Me

My photo
chula vista, California
Random thoughts, some of them funny, from a San Diego divorce and criminal defense attorney, as he fights for his clients in Court, fights the battle of bulge and goes through life.

Monday, June 16, 2014

Hey, this seat belt actually closes!


Ray Estolano 1. Seat belt 0! Maybe I should explain... One of the biggest uncomfortable places for fat men like me is the airport. It starts with being forced to partially undress at security, then stand with your hands over your head in a machine where a TSA agent sees a naked scan of your body in all of its fullness and glory. Then when you make it to the plane, you'd better check in early or you're forced to cram into a too tiny seat in between two other guys that may be your same size (or larger?). Then comes the seat belt. Try as you might, you find that the seat belt doesn't quite stretch all the way around you...time to ask for a seat belt extender?

Well..not today! For once, I fit comfortably into both the seat and the seat belt!

The flight took me to a family graduation- my wife's niece. It was a nice time. There was a ton of good food that I couldn't eat, but I was served constant compliments by my wife's family about my weight loss. "Where's Ray," joked a nephew standing next to me "I don't recognize him!" My niece (well, technically my wife's) was so impressed by the weight loss that she brought her roommates out to look at me. They weren't quite as impressed because..well..they'd never seen me before! They probably wondered just how fat this chubby guy in front of them had been. Trust me ladies, you don't want to know!

It was overall a good week on Optifast. Three more pounds lost, leaving me at 292.5, a little further south of the 300 pound line. My new suits at 50 long fit me now and I've dropped down to 40 on the pants. Bought a pair of jeans that are perfect, but for the plumber's view in the back. Think I'm going to wait a little longer for jeans...

Week 1- 5/8/14 334.5 16.5 318
Week 2- 5/15/14 318.0 6.9 311.1
Week 3- 5/22/14 311.0 5.1 306
Week 4- 5/29/14 306 6.0 300
Week 5- 6/5/14 300 4.5 295.5
Week 6- 6/12/14 295.5 3.0 292.5

total lost- 42 pounds

No comments: