About Me

My photo
chula vista, California
Random thoughts, some of them funny, from a San Diego divorce and criminal defense attorney, as he fights for his clients in Court, fights the battle of bulge and goes through life.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The world looks blurry from up close!

The symptom that finally sent me running to the doctor was blurred vision. I managed two weeks of frequent bathroom trips and ignored it when my water began to taste metallic, but when I went through three days of vision so distorted that I couldn't make out a wall calendar or distant freeway signs, it scared me sufficiently to visit the urgent care facility.

After a few days of medication, the blurriness went away. For awhile. Now, it's returned with a vengeance, but with a twist. Before, things that I saw in the distance were blurry. Now, my vision up close is blurry. I have difficulty reading anything that is a few inches away from my face (though this large computer screen, a couple feet away is OK). During lunch today, I struggled to set the time on my father's watch because I couldn't read the print on the buttons.

This is apparently a natural phenomenon for diabetes as my eyes snap back into shape with a decreasing blood sugar level.

But, it feels strange to not be able read a book in comfort.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Bro,

Have you told the Doctor about you eye sight? I thought it was getting better? as long we are hitting the gym, we should get better!

Ruben