About Me

My photo
chula vista, California
Random thoughts, some of them funny, from a San Diego divorce and criminal defense attorney, as he fights for his clients in Court, fights the battle of bulge and goes through life.

Monday, March 22, 2010

The Big D





I was diagnosed with diabetes on March 11, 2010 after I struggled through three blurry vision days in court. I could barely see the huge calendar on the court wall, but struggled through several hearings. Justice may not have been blind, but this attorney almost was!

I'll blog further on it as time permits- but for now let me just say that diabetes is truly life altering when it comes to your diet.

As of this weekend, I had lost about 10 pounds since my diagnosis and am eating less than ever before in my life as I adapt to this new reality.

My closest friends, as always in a crisis, have been there for me. They've worked out with me, listened to my venting sessions and have generally helped me through this.

My family, those who know, have also been great. My brother Carlos, as usual, is my irritable confidant (you'd be irritable too, if you had to listen to "unfiltered" Ray). My mother has offered her usual mix of intelligent reasoning and crackpot medical theories (diabetic tea and the such..). And my wife has been mostly patient at eating her meals with a mad man who looks at the corn bread on her plate as if it were a long lost love.

Ah, cornbread, I remember you when...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ray,

You will surpass this man! We just go to keep going to the gym... We will help each other in loosing the extra baggage..lol..

Unknown said...

Ray,

You will surpass this man! We just go to keep going to the gym... We will help each other in loosing the extra baggage..lol..

Ruben