About Me

My photo
chula vista, California
Random thoughts, some of them funny, from a San Diego divorce and criminal defense attorney, as he fights for his clients in Court, fights the battle of bulge and goes through life.

Friday, September 17, 2010

A quick thought on weight loss




45 pounds lost and counting! But now that I’ve lost some weight, you think that I would feel a sense of accomplishment, inner peace, zen goodiness or something. To an extent, I do. I’m happy to be taking half the diabetes medicine that I was previously. I’m also happy that my clothes fit more loosely, though I’m not happy remembering a close wardrobe malfunction in court due to the loose fitting pants. It’s hard to argue while holding your pants up, but I think few people might listen to an attorney in underwear…

No, I realize that I should be happy. But, what frustrates me at times is the serene Buddha like chubby face in the mirror. It’s maddening to think that after losing 45 pounds, I still have 95 pounds to go if I want to return to my college weight. It’s almost enough to make one stop eating cheeseburgers…

No comments: