About Me

My photo
chula vista, California
Random thoughts, some of them funny, from a San Diego divorce and criminal defense attorney, as he fights for his clients in Court, fights the battle of bulge and goes through life.

Thursday, August 5, 2010

A dizzy moment




I felt dizzy this morning. It brought the mind the feeling that I felt once when I was punched in the side of the head. A sort of instinct takes over. In the fight, strategy went out the window. I raised my guard, shuffled my feet and bought time for my head to clear. While my feet danced me around the boxing ring, my slow brain wondered what had happened. It took a moment to snap back to reality. That’s the way I felt this morning as I drove from a meeting to my office. I took a deep breath at a stop light and thought about pulling over, but then I drove on to the work that was waiting for me at my office. I took out my kit to measure my blood sugar, but in preparing for client meetings and working on cases, I didn’t actually test my blood until the afternoon. The blood sugar was normal by then and the crisis had passed.

But sometimes I think life is a lot like boxing. You sometimes don’t have a lot of time to sit back and reflect on what is happening. We are in the ring with our challenges and sometimes we get hit. Just take a quick breath and hit back. I won the boxing match years ago. Life remains a constant and happy battle.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sometimes you have to stop a bit. One's life/ health is much more valuable!!